Monday, October 20, 2008

Journal Entry #7

In this essay Orwell suggests that the English language is on the decline because the people who use English are misusing it. It becomes ugly and inaccurate because our thoughts are foolish. There is a lot of slang used now in days, and unfortunately that has become the every day language. Slang these days are used to be easier to read for Americans, and also other languages have their own slang. In writing modern slang it really just depends what and for who you are writing for. In school you would be more likely to use the correct grammer instead of slang. What helps me write is actually imagining that I am in the situation that i wrote about. Putting myself in that situation makes me feel like I am in first person and helps me understand the situation alot more better.

No comments: