Sunday, September 28, 2008

Questions for Active Reading #1

Page 13

The purpose that I think Powell had in mind while writing was racism is wrong. He tries to achieve racism by letting it give him more motivation. For example when he talked about the time he was at a resturant and the waiter said, " Look I'm from New Jersey, I don't understand this but they will not let me serve you. Why don't you go behind the resturant, and I'll pass you a hamburger out the back window." He explained how that experience made him snap, and how this was new to him. I believe that the audience that he had in mindwhile writing was young children of all races. I believe that Powell is a very strong man, who sticks up for himself. He does not do wrong, but he will not take wrong from others. My attitude towards him is that I have the upmost respect for him. I do have more respect for him now that I saw that he stood up for what is right, instead of him being a class clown.

Page 19

The purpose that I believe Goldberg had in mind while writing was talking about, or using a student who had really good writing topics in her class as an example. The audience that I think she had in mind while writing was other student that she was trying to motivate to have better writing habits. Her subject is the student with the best writing habits. Her attitude toward the student is very nice because she admirers her.

No comments: