Sunday, September 28, 2008

Questions for Active Reading #2

Page 73

The experience that changed Smiley's beliefs about chores was when she discovered work at a stable. She described this working experience during the middle of the essay. The impact on me as a reader would have impacted me in a different way if she would have described this experience at the end of the essay because I would have took her as a person who did no hard work all her life. The evidence that Smiley gives to support her argument is her old child memories. I do not consider these reasons to be authoritive because its just going by her words. There is no real evidence besides her word. I believe that she intended to make the audience young children to try to motivate them to do chores without their parents asking them. She also uses rhetorical questions to make the audience think about how your family would appreciate you and be proud of you. My reaction to these questions are that the questions do make me think to do chores without being answered. The questions make you want to do good without being asked.

No comments: